Image source: Forbes
After reading both of these articles, I believe that it is a good thing that the Arizona government is wanting to fund higher education. In the first article, I like how they plan on bettering k-12 schooling to help better prepare people for college. As someone who recently graduated from high school, i think a lot of highschoolers don't want to go to college because they don't feel like they are prepared enough for it. College isn't always an affordable option for most people. Growing up, I never thought I would be able to go to college so I never thought about it until my senior year of high school. I think that college isn't as desirable and immediate employment because you get instant gratification from it. I think because some people can barely afford college, they are hesitant to go because they don't want to feel trapped into a career they might not like. I agree with a lot of what this article says about higher education opens doors in your life. weather that's finding financial stability or networking and making connections with people. Although I think higher education is important, I don't think it always makes or breaks a person. A college degree isn't everything and people need to consider experience, connections, and dedication. Someone might not have worked towards getting a college degree does not mean they are any less of a hard worker with skills. I believe college education is good for certain professions but for others I believe it is more about gaining connections to enter into a specific field.
In the second article, I thought it was interesting how different the range was for the median incomes. To piggyback off of what I was saying previously, Although being college educated is a helpful tool to make more money, it is not the end all be all. I am the first in my family to go to college and everyone keeps telling me that it is good for me to get a degree but it depends on what I do after I get that degree. In other words, if I don't apply what I learn towards a profession my degree will become nothing but a piece of paper. That's where experience comes in place. Neither of my parents got a college education but after working in their industries for 20 years, they are making similar to what people with degrees make.
Overall, I think both of these articles presented good information on higher education in Arizona. Although I think higher education is important, I don't think it is needed for everyone to succeed in life. There isn't a set path to success.
No comments:
Post a Comment