Since the start of this essay about media, I have noticed that a lot of things influence mainstream fashion trends. In my essay, I focus mainly on how music influences the fashion industry but, in this blog, I want to explore how TV shows influence mainstream fashion trends. More specifically how shows like Euphoria have such a big impact on young adults and teens.
To give a little background on the show, season two of Euphoria premiered in January of 2022. This show was pulling in millions of views worldwide and was extremely popular with young adults. According to IMDB, Euphoria is a show about teens going through the complexities of self-identity. The show speaks on issues such as trauma, drug addiction, sexuality, and much more. Euphoria's fashion was creative and diverse. Something that the producers did was connect the fashion of the characters with their personalities. This caused a wide variety of differing fashion trends.
Next, a different character that has a contrasting different fashion style to Rue is Maddy. In the show, the character Maddy is usually wearing audacious and attention-grabbing clothing. This pairs well with her confident and extroverted personality. Maddy's fashion sense is what trended most among young adults and teenagers. Her makeup style is what trended most on social media because of her bold choice of using rhinestones to embellish her eyes. According to an article from Pop Sugar, they claim that Maddy's signature makeup looks include cat eyes, vivid colors, and over-the-top lashes. It was like the plague with how quickly social media influencers recreated the look.
To conclude, Euphoria gave the fashion industry a run for its money. At the time of its release, many of the mainstream trends at the time came from this show. The diverse range of characters with contrasting personalities in Euphoria made the show relatable to its audience of young adults and teens.



Hi Abbie I think your blog post is a great analysis of the impact of Euphoria on the fashion industry, You've made some pretty good points about how the show's bold and daring style inspired a generation of young people and influenced mainstream fashion trends. Which in my opinion never really looked In too.
ReplyDeleteHEY ABBIE, I loved your post so much. I remember when this show blew up and everyone started doing their make up like the characters, especially Maddy. I also agree with when there is a trend everyone usually joins on in which is so fun and exciting. I really enjoyed reading this, great job.
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely fascinating to see how the creators of the show Euphoria intentionally align the character's fashion choices with their personalities, creating that dynamic range of styles that connect with their viewers. I was definitely influenced by Fezco and Ashtray's fashion from the show because I think they were the coolest characters on the show.
ReplyDeleteHi Abbie! I loved this blog post! I remember when this show first came out, Maddie's fashion style inspired many others to start dressing like her. Along with the gems trend, many people started using glitter and gems in their makeup routines after seeing that in the show. This is one of my favorite shows and I love the effort and thought put into every characters personal style.
ReplyDelete